Add this expertise to your shortlist
Alexander is an experienced trial advocate and regularly acts in complex High Court litigation. Clients note his tactical judgment and targeted pursuit of both their strategic and commercial objectives.
Recent cases include:
T Ltd v G Ltd  - Representing the Defendant in a High Court recruitment agency dispute valued at £1.5m.
C’s v H, H & L  - Represented 22 Claimants as lead counsel in a 7-day trusts trial involving donors in a Muslim prayer group each of whom were alleging the Defendants had committed breaches of trust, failure to account and fraud. Judgment pending.
LG Ltd v HD Ltd  - Ongoing. Representing the Claimant in a High Court estate agency claim valued at £1.1m.
BP Limited v MM Ltd  - Ongoing. Representing the Claimant in a High Court planning contract dispute.
CHS Ltd v TL Ltd  - Ongoing. Representing the Defendant in a £460,000 recruitment agency claim.
P v D  - Successfully represented the Claimant in a dispute with his accountant concerning allegations of fraud, misrepresentation and unjust enrichment.
HF Ltd v RF Ltd  CS v HH Ltd  FP Ltd v LT Ltd  A T Ltd v M C Ltd  W K v CWC Ltd  - Represented both Claimants and Defendants in a sequence of recruitment agency litigation. Alexander has not lost a recruitment agency dispute at trial.
L v C  - Successfully struck out the defective pleadings of an unrepresented party and secured a costs order for the Defendant.
M v R  - Successfully represented the Claimant in High Court proceedings to recover a judgment debt through enforcement.
C & C v D  - Represented the Claimants in a 3-day misrepresentation trial involving an alleged village conspiracy, abusive neighbours and the existence of ghosts.
Bank v R & R  – Successfully acted for two individuals in a misrepresentation action against a national bank concerning a £250m fraud.
R v M  – Successfully defended a contract claim arising out of a university start-up venture which had transformed into a multi-million-pound media company.
In the Matter of W E PLC  – Successfully acted for the company in the High Court over the course of several months in an application to reduce their share premium account and transfer to special reserve in the amount of £6m.
Alexander provides representation and advice in the following areas:
- Agency law with a sub-speciality in recruitment and estate agency litigation
- Energy: Acting in trials concerning the ECO/ Green Deal and the supply and installation of energy-generating equipment
- Franchise agreements including advising on a dispute with an international franchising company in the milkshake industry
- Utilities with sub-speciality in water supply contracts for individuals and companies including extensive experience with the OFWAT guidance
- Reputational damage arising out of breach of contract including a successful recovery of damages arising from a horse trainer being labelled dishonest after feed purchased from a supplier was found to contain prohibited substances
- Consumer law advising and acting in cases concerning consumer contract regulations, consumer protection and UCTA
- Residential and commercial construction disputes
- Misrepresentation in both tort and contractual claims
Commercial Litigation, Insolvency and Company Law
- Commercial Agents regulations
- Competition and Pricing regulations
- Reduction in Share Capital Applications
- Shareholder Misfeasance including illegal conduct arising out of the Companies Act 2006
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Professional Negligence with extensive experience against architects, surveyors and estate agents
- Claims in restitution relating to business and commerce
- Extensive experience in conducting and opposing relief from sanctions applications
- Product liability including advising on a defective paint grenade
- Travel-related claims including international timeshare agreements
- Libel claims arising from online defamation and reputational damages
- Part 36 disputes
- Restitution Claims including Unjust Enrichment