This article also appeared in the Education Law Monitor.
Alex accepts instructions in all areas of education law. Alex regularly acts as a clerk in school exclusion appeals.
During pupillage Alex was supervised by leading education junior Charlotte Hadfield and in that time assisted in judicial review claims, cases in the First-Tier Tribunal and a claim involving breach of contract and disability discrimination by an independent school.
Alex’s experience of working in higher education policy means that he is particularly interested in cases in the higher education context, including discrimination and breach of contract claims and cases involving complaints to the Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education.
School Uniforms and Exclusions2nd Apr 2021
Covid-19 and the Class of 2020 – can students claim compensation from their universities?17th Nov 2020
Covid-19 and the Class of 2020.
Pupil barrister Alex Leonhardt examines if students can claim compensation from their universities.
- Bar Professional Training Course, Cardiff University 2017-18 (Very competent)
- Graduate Diploma in Law, Cardiff University, 2016-17 (Distinction)
- MA Political Philosophy, University of York, 2011-2012 (Distinction)
- BA (Hons) Philosophy, University of Cambridge, 2005-2008
- Astbury Scholarship (Major Award), Middle Temple
- Harmsworth Entrance Exhibition, Middle Temple
- Campbell Foster Prize for performance on the BPTC, Middle Temple