3PB Silk duo Nigel Lickley QC and Adam Feest QC lead five 3PB junior barristers in high profile Dorset murder case
25th January 2018
Murder of Guy Hedger.
Two men were jailed for life today (23 January) following convictions for murder after an eight week trial at Winchester Crown Court. Seven members of the 3PB Crime Team were involved in this case – Nigel Lickley QC leading Jodie Mittell and Gemma White for the Prosecution, Adam Feest QC leading Nicholas Robinson for the first defendant, and Timothy Bradbury leading David Jenkins for the fourth defendant.
The case involved the tragic shooting by two masked men of insurance executive Guy Hedger in the early hours of the morning of 30th April 2017 during the course of a burglary at his home address near Ringwood. During the trial, the Jury heard extensive evidence relating to:
- The use of mobile telephones and contacts as between defendants
- expert evidence relating to telephone cell sites and how these can be used to establish the location of particular telephones
- DNA recovery and interpretation
- gunshot residue left on vehicles and other movable items used during the offence
- the identification of glove and other marks left at the scene, and
- cell confessions.
The case attracted national press coverage both at the time of the murder and during the trial. Reports dealing with the verdicts and sentence can be found on the BBC, Sky News, in The Independent and in The Telegraph.