MBL Seminar - Acting for Parents in Care Proceedings - What You Need to Know
Thursday 16th Nov 2017
9:30 am - 5:15 pm
Multiple locations are available: London on 1 September, Bristol on 11 October, Leeds on 18 October and Birmingham on 16 November.
Price: £216 (Smart Plan) or £240 (Season Ticket) or £480 (Standard)Register
3PB family barrister Sarah Jennings will deliver this comprehensive introduction to representing parents in public law matters.
It will enable you to feel more confident in undertaking work within the Single Family Court and you will leave the course with a clear understanding of the Court process and relevant legal framework.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Procedural overview including the pre-proceedings process
- When should Section 20 consent be used?
- Vulnerable witnesses
- Interim hearings including Emergency Protection Orders and Interim Care/Supervision Orders
- When is expert evidence necessary?
- Section 38(6) assessments
- What constitutes a threshold finding?
- How to approach a fact-finding hearing
- Final Orders: Care Orders, Supervision Orders, Special Guardianship Orders
- Duty of disclosure.