Employment law webinar - 10 September - disability discrimination
Thursday 10th Sep 2020
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Karen will give an updated overview of liability under Section 15 Equality Act 2010 to include the most recent authorities.
She will also focus on how tribunals approach a claim of discrimination arising from disability encompassing:
- Requisite knowledge under s.15 cf. failure to make reasonable adjustments, considering Baldeh v Churches Housing Association of Dudley and District and Tesco Stores v Tennant
- What is unfavourable treatment, after Chief Constable of Gwent Police v Parsons?
- How loose can the link be between the disability and the reason for the treatment for liability to be established?
- Justification in light of DWP v Boyers.
Grace will present on practical issues in preparing or defending disability discrimination claims, considering the impact of recent case law.
This will include:
- Defining disability in light of Khorochilova v Euro Rep and Ahmed v Cardinal Hume Academy
- The identification of PCPs following Ishola v Transport for London
- Extension of time arguments in disability discrimination claims, considering Lowri Beck Services Ltd v Brophy
- The impact of Hill v Lloyds Bank on recommendations in disability discrimination cases.