- R v W: Sexual Assault (D). Young client with severe ADHD. Case involved allegations of sexual touching and biting of a teenage woman at a house party.
- R v Y: Sexual Assault (D). Sexual touching of a probation officer whilst at approved premises.
- R v E: Sexual Assault (D). Allegations of threats to rape and sexual touching following discovery of partner’s infidelity.
- R v K: Disclosing Private Sexual Images (D). Defendant put indecent images of her best friend on Facebook. Defence of consent.
- R v F: Sexual Assault (D). Extended sexual assault arising from BDSM practices.
“Words cannot explain how elated I am with the outcome today. I am ever so grateful. Wanted to express my deepest appreciation” – client’s email to instructing solicitor
“I am extremely grateful for the excellent work you have done on this case” – email from instructing solicitor
“I’ve just had a chat with young Mr. F and he’s asked me to pass on his sincere thanks for yesterday. In his words you were top dollar and really cool. Thank you for all your efforts in securing a great result for us” – email from instructing solicitor
- BPTC (Kaplan)
- LLB (Newcastle University)
- Academic Scholar (Canford School)
- The Luboshez Award (Middle Temple)
- Arnold and Porter Prize for Competition Law (N’cle)
- Pinsent Masons Prize for Public Law (N’cle)
- Cartmell Shepherd Mooting Prize
- Criminal Bar Association
- Western Circuit
3PB criminal barrister Thomas Acworth secures the acquittal of a young man accused of sexual assault
3PB criminal barrister Thomas Acworth secured an acquittal for a young man who was accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl at a house party. The case invo...Read more
Criminal Barrister Thomas Acworth represents Asperger sufferer in Bournemouth Crown Court
3PB Criminal barrister Thomas Acworth represented a defendant with a long history of mental instability, who threatened his father with a knife at the family ho...Read more
Read our December 2017 round up of criminal news in brief by our crime team
Criminal barristers Thomas Evans, Graham Gilbert and Thomas Acworth bring you the latest edition of Criminal News in Brief. The Supreme Court Assistance by Defe...Read more