Property and Estates
Charles enjoys a busy property practice and his experience includes:
- Real property: Contentious and non-contentious matters, including mortgages, covenants, easements and trusts in land
- Landlord and Tenant: Commercial and residential landlord and tenant law, including possession, advising on secured and assured tenancies, 1954 Act renewals and forfeiture and surrender
- Insolvency: Corporate and individual insolvency and associated Companies Act 2006 and Insolvency Act 1986 applications, including all stages of winding-up and bankruptcy, applications under sections 171 to 177 of the Companies Act 2006, applications to setting aside statutory demands, injunctions and validation orders
- Housing: Housing Act 1996 and 2004 matters, including licensing for houses in multiple occupation, challenging interim and final management orders and Housing Act 1996 appeals.
- Shah & Shah v Greening & Greening  - A 2 day trial in the High Court concerning the specific performance of a contract for sale which raised issues of illegality and exceptional hardship.
- Pressland v Sonigara  - A 2 day trial at the County Court at Central London concerning the surrender of a lease by operation of law.
- Hayatt v Cherwell District Council  - First Tier Tribunal Property Chamber (Residential Property) appeal against the refusal to revoke an Interim Management Order.
• 2009 - 2010: Bar Vocational Course, City Law School, Graded "Outstanding" (ranking well within the top 20 students that year).
• 2008 - 2009: Graduate Diploma in Law (CPE), City University.
• 2005 - 2008: BA (Hons), University of London (Royal Holloway).
- 2009: Gray's Inn Scholarship to study for the Bar Vocational Course.
- 2008: Society Crest Award for outstanding contribution to the University of London.
- 2005: Bedford Entrance Scholarship to read English at University of London (Royal Holloway).
- Awarded a scholarship to read English at the University of London.
Charles Irvine is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information
3PB Barristers' Commercial Law Group brings you the Summer Edition of its Commercial Law Update Handout.
3PB Barristers' Commercial Law Group brings you the Summer Edition of its Commercial Law Update Handout. Please click here to view it. Topics: David Berkl...Read more
Commercial update: Privilege under investigation by Charles Irvine
When will solicitor’s working papers (as opposed to advice) attract privilege? And what is the scope of legal advice privilege (“LAP”) and litigation priv...Read more
3PB attracts five new tenants, to further strengthen its client offerings
UK chambers 3PB has today announced five new tenants, all formerly of 1 Gray’s Inn Square, London, will be joining their London office, reflecting its continu...Read more