Property and Estates
Commercial Landlord and Tenant
Ashley accepts instructions on behalf of both landlords and tenants and has experience in dealing with possession and forfeiture claims, and injunctive relief. Recent work includes:
- Relief from forfeiture hearings
- Proceedings where there has been unauthorised Airbnb use
- Obtaining an emergency injunction in a commercial landlord and tenant dispute involving the CRAR procedure
- Advising on lease extensions pursuant to the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
Co-ownership and Trusts of Land
Ashely appears in Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 (TOLATA) claims. She has experience of occupation rent claims and where there has been a failure to pay the mortgage by one party.
Land and Boundaries
Ashley acts for businesses and individuals in respects of, right of access, rights of way and nuisance. Ashley acts for businesses and individuals in respects of right of access and rights of way. Recent work includes:
- Interference with a right of way involving cross-examination of a claimant who accepted that the alleged interference was not substantial
- Drafting particulars of claim regarding nuisance arising from tree roots and foliage.
She also acts in matters regarding conveyancing disputes including third party claims of overreaching rights.
Ashley specialises in professional negligence against solicitors in particular in relation to property transactions and conveyancing. Recent cases include:
- Advising multiple claimants in regards to escalating ground rent clauses who were not properly advised by their conveyancing solicitors.
Probate and Estates
Ashley has a particular interest in all aspects of probate and estates work, advising and representing individuals. Recent cases include:
- Obtaining a freezing injunction in relation to monies arising out of a sale of a trust property
- Drafting a particulars of claim regarding breach of trust in the sale of a property from an estate
- Drafting an advice and particulars of claim for a beneficiary in a breach of trust and devastavit matter
- Providing advice regarding a beneficiaries entitlement to commence possession proceedings regarding a residential property
Residential Landlord and Tenant and Housing
Ashley acts on behalf of landlords and tenants in respect of the following areas:
- Possessions on the basis of section 8 and section 21 notices
- Defending counterclaims arising out of disrepair claims
- Licence possessions including those classified as excluded tenancies
- Appearing in injunction hearings to permit a gas safety inspection
- Defending deposit protection claims pursuant to the Housing Act 2004 including where there are multiple tenants and successive tenancies.
Ashley also regularly appears in mortgage possession hearings on behalf of the lender.
Ashley has worked in numerous industries ranging from real estate to automotive and was a self-employed wedding photographer whilst a student in Canada. Ashley is exceptionally commercial having co-owned a legal business specialising in social security and employment law. As business development director, she significantly increased the number of charitable partners working with the business putting specialist advocacy services within the reach of a million people.
She is down to earth, approachable and connects well with lay clients who are often appearing in court for the first time. Part of her customer service offering is being responsive and offering advice that is straight to the point. An Oxfordshire Solicitor recently wrote:
“Thanks very much for the advice. Please pass on my thanks to counsel – prompt, straight to the point, clear and professionally done.”
- Law (LLB) 1st Class, University of Derby
- BA (Hons) History (Religion), University of Toronto, Canada
- BPTC (BPP University) Very Competent 2017
- Certificate in Civil Law, Paris II-Panthéon Assas University 2012
- Baron Dr Ver Heyden de Lancey Prize, Middle Temple 2018
- Leeds Medico-Legal Society Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence Prize 2017
- Dean’s BPTC Scholarship 2015
- Sweet & Maxwell Law Prize 2014
- Nicholas Pumfrey Memorial Scholarship, Middle Temple 2014
- Blackstone Entrance Scholarship, Middle Temple 2014
- Land Law Prize, UoD 2013
Chancery Bar Association
3PB’s Blood-Halvorsen authors review of UK and international cannabis regulations and compliance
Pupil barrister Ashley Blood-Halvorsen has been working for the last 18 months on a review of global reforms of cannabis law, that has just been published by a ...Read more