Sarah Clarke edits September's employment and discrimination law newsletter
8th September 2020
The newsletter provides a round up of the latest employment law news, case law reviews from our leading barristers; and an update on the latest in our series of webinars and our new recorded case law updates.
News and topics reviewed include:
- 3PB cautiously reopens offices
- New: Coronavirus legal updates for employers
- Simon Tibbitts successful in widely reported sex discrimination case
Case law reviews
- Walker v Co-Operative Group Ltd & Anor: the Court of Appeal confirms the causative approach to the ‘material factor test’ in equal pay claims.
- Kelly v PGA European Tour: loss of trust and confidence in an employee unfairly dismissed can be used to prevent re-engagement.
- Glasgow City Council v Johnstone: when the employment status of foster carers is called into question.
- Aftala Norfolk Ltd T/A Papa John’s Pizza et al v Read: is an employee who works shifts at two franchises who trade under the same name employed by both?
- Gallacher v Abellio Scotrail Limited: can a dismissal without any procedure be fair?