Specialist counsel for sports people and regulators including disciplinary matters
3PB’s Sports Law Group has an excellent reputation for providing expert advocacy and advice to national and international sports governing bodies, players, managers, clubs and officials, as recognised in the legal directories.
We act before the Disciplinary Panels, Appeal Bodies and Courts in leading sports cases nationally and internationally, including in horse racing, football, snooker, greyhound racing, boxing, athletics and rugby. We prosecute and defend allegations of corruption, doping and on field and off field misconduct.
We advise on the rules and procedures to govern sports and their disciplinary procedures nationally and internationally.
Our Members have established experience and expertise in:
- The regulation of national and international sport
- Corruption and betting offences
- Anti-Doping Violations
- Contractual and commercial and sports disputes
- Intellectual Property including copyright (and notably broadcast rights), trade marks, designs, passing off, database rights and breach of confidence/privacy actions
- Employment issues in sports contracts
- Negligence liability for in play accidents
- Selection criteria for national teams and the Olympics.
Several members of the Sports Law Group are members of the British Association of Sports and Law (BASL).
Members of the Sports Law Group accept instructions on a Direct Access basis in appropriate cases and are available for instruction via any of our six UK centres: London, Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bristol, Oxford and Winchester. We are also well equipped with the technology to facilitate virtual meetings, conferences and proceedings where required/possible.
Our Sports Barristers...
Door Tenants and Pupils are marked by the DT and P symbols.