Jane Foulser McFarlane is a door tenant at 3PB. She is a specialist personal injury barrister who advises both claimants and defendants in a broad range of issues including catastrophic injury, employer’s liability, occupiers and public liability, motorcycle accidents and highway claims.
Publications of note:
- Mediation in Intellectual Property Law Disputes – Is Low Cost Dispute Resolution the Way Forward, Following the Findings of The Hargreaves Report –12/8/11
- Bottom of The Class: What are the implications for Google’s online library? 07/05/10
- For Richer or Poorer – To what extent are intellectual property rights matrimonial assets? 11/09/09
- God & the Stormtroopers – Assessing how far toys can be used for role play without breaching copyright 10/07/09
- Privacy’s death knell? Interim injunctions 10/08/07
- In the Witches Domain – Internet domain names 12/10/07
- Tarzan Yell Falls Flat – Sounds as Trademarks 07/12/07
- Piracy’s Death Sentence – Anti-counterfeiting Trade Agreement 05/09/2008.
Add this expertise to your shortlist
Jane advises and represents both claimant and defendant clients on a broad range of issues including:
- Catastrophic injury
- Asbestosis/ industrial disease
- Employer’s liability
- Occupiers and public liability
- Road traffic claims including motorcycle accidents
- Highway claims
Jane has represented a number of clients in personal injury actions arising out of hit and run incidents and is known for being an approachable and pragmatic advocate.
- Aquilina v Aquilina  EWCA 504
- David Lewin v Stephen Harvey  Lawtel AM0201691 - Representing the Claimant, who was awarded £31,000 for the loss of taste and smell.
- LLB (Hons); University of Wales, Cardiff (1991)
- LLM (International commercial and maritime law, with emphasis on international intellectual property law) (1992)
- Currently studying for a PhD in intellectual property law on a part time basis at Exeter University.
- Intellectual Property Bar Association
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI UK)
- Personal Injury Bar Association (PIBA)
Jane Foulser McFarlane is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information