Property and Estates
Christopher has advised and represented clients on matters ranging from residential possession to boundary disputes and nuisance claims. He also has experience of drafting notices, schedules and pleadings in relation to these matters.
Landlord and Tenant
- Commercial and residential landlord and tenant disputes
- Rent arrears and service charges
- Boundary disputes
Recent Property and Estates Cases
- Right of way disputes relating to:
- Interpretation of a conveyance in respect of a converted farmyard
- Right of way for ‘boxed in’ residential property in new development.
- Acting in proprietary estoppel claim arising from long and complex division of family estate.
- Acting for LPA receivers in complex High Court claim relating to an allegedly fraudulent mortgage charge.
- Mortgage possession case on behalf of mortgagor involving claims of mis-selling, economic duress and misrepresentation by mortgagee.
- 4 day boundary dispute involving witness evidence going back 50 years as well as expert and stereoscopic photographic evidence. Interpretation of conveyances, adverse possession, demarcating boundaries by agreement.
- BA (Hons) Philosophy, Politics and Economics, St Peter's College, Oxford
- MPhil International Relations, St Antony's College, Oxford
- Chancery Bar Association (ChBA)
- Commercial Bar Association (COMBAR)
Christopher Edwards is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information
Commercial Update: Lawful economic duress and reasonableness – an analysis by Christopher Edwards
Commercial barrister Christopher Edwards analyses the Court of Appeal decision in Times Travel (UK) v Pakistan International Airlines Corporation and its impact...Read more
There's no basis for that: exclusion clauses contractual estoppel and misrepresentation - an analysis by Christopher Edwards
Christopher Edwards considers the case of First Tower Trustees Ltd and Intertrustees Limited v CDS (Superstores International) Limited  EWCA Civ 1396 and ...Read more
Commercial update: Claim notification clauses in SPAs
When notifying a claim under a claim notification clause in a Share Purchase Agreement, what level of detail does the purchaser need to give? Christopher Edward...Read more