Property and Estates
Christopher has advised and represented clients on matters ranging from residential possession to boundary disputes and nuisance claims. He has particular experience in respect of claims against property professionals, including surveyors and conveyancing solicitors. Christopher also acts and advises clients in commercial and residential disrepair matters, acting for both landlords and tenants.
Recent and Notable Property and Estates Cases
- Solicitors’ negligence in respect of conveying wrong land in sale of part.
- Numerous claims against surveyors arising from pre-purchase surveys of residential properties.
- Solicitors’ negligence in failing to properly advise in respect of quantum in a negligent surveying claim. Issues as to the correct measure of quantum in such claims.
- Right of way disputes relating to:
- Interpretation of a conveyance in respect of a converted farmyard;
- Right of way for ‘boxed in’ residential property in new development.
- Acting in proprietary estoppel claim arising from long and complex division of family estate.
- Acting for LPA receivers in complex High Court claim relating to an allegedly fraudulent mortgage charge.
- Mortgage possession case on behalf of mortgagor involving claims of mis-selling, economic duress and misrepresentation by mortgagee.
- Boundary dispute involving witness evidence going back 50 years as well as expert and stereoscopic photographic evidence. Interpretation of conveyances, adverse possession, demarcating boundaries by agreement.