Amanda Fernandez is a first six pupil barrister. She joined 3PB in October 2020 and is based in London.
Amanda won a number of scholarships including an advocacy scholarship for her cross-examination skills.
Prior to pupillage, Amanda worked as a County Court Advocate through LPC law. She received instructions in a range of pre-trial hearings and possession hearings.
Amanda has undertaken a range of pro bono work. She volunteered at the Free Representation Unit where she represented clients in employment disputes and obtained two favourable settlements. Amanda also provided company law advice to business start-ups by way of written opinions. Her opinions received 'highly recommended' feedback from clients and were used as examples for other volunteers. Amanda was also a Mackenzie friend for the National Centre for Domestic Violence where she supported vulnerable litigants through litigation.
Outside work, Amanda enjoys reading, DIY projects, backpacking and camping.
- Bar Professional Training Course - Very Competent - (BPP London)
- Graduate Diploma in Law - Commendation - (City University London)
- English Literature - First Class - (University of Sussex)
- Elfreda Edwards Scholar; Exhibitioner; Duke of Edinburgh Scholar (Inner Temple)
- Advocacy Scholar (BPP)
- Academic Scholar (City University)
- Inner Temple