Asset and tax law
3PB’s Asset and Tax Recovery team of barristers is widely recognised as a leader in its field. Many members have been involved in the leading cases in their areas of expertise and are ranked in the legal directories. Its barristers are highly respected advocates and also have flourishing advisory practices, handling clients as diverse as private individuals and their families, firms of solicitors of all sizes, financial institutions, accountants, insolvency practitioners, tax advisers and many government departments. Members of the Group act for both claimants and defendants and are regularly instructed in matters involving HMRC, CPS, UKBA, SFO and SOCA.
Members appear in all relevant forums from the Tax Tribunal to the Supreme Court and increasingly internationally as well. The team includes barristers called to the Bar in various overseas jurisdictions, including the BVI, the Turks and Caicos, and New York.
The Asset and Tax team offers exceptional expertise across a number of areas, including:
- Asset forfeiture and seizure
- Asset tracing and recovery
- Civil recovery of the proceeds of crime
- Commercial fraud
- Condemnation and non-restoration appeals
- Direct tax
- Diversion and Duty Point frauds
- Indirect tax (especially in relation to VAT, Excise and Customs duties).
- Insolvency-related claims
- Inheritance tax
- MTIC frauds
- Money laundering advice and compliance
- Proceeds of Crime, from restraint and receivership to confiscation and enforcement
- Tax avoidance schemes
- Tax investigation and regulation
- Tax fraud (in both civil and criminal contexts).
Members of the Group have written widely on their specialist fields. 3PB's Rupert Jones and former 3PB member Tribunal Judge Sutherland Williams are the co-editors of one of the leading practitioner texts on asset forfeiture: "Millington and Sutherland Williams on the Proceeds of Crime", (third edition, Oxford University Press, 2010).
Latest Newsall news
- There are currently no news posts available.
- There are currently no publications available.
- There are currently no seminars available for this practice area, please sign-up to our mailing list if you would like to be notified of upcoming seminars when they are made available.
well run set of chambersChambers and Partners