Asset and tax law
3PB’s Asset and Tax Recovery team of barristers is widely recognised as a leader in its field. Many members have been involved in the leading cases in their areas of expertise and are ranked in the legal directories. Its barristers are highly respected advocates and also have flourishing advisory practices, handling clients as diverse as private individuals and their families, firms of solicitors of all sizes, financial institutions, accountants, insolvency practitioners, tax advisers and many government departments. Members of the Group act for both claimants and defendants and are regularly instructed in matters involving HMRC, CPS, UKBA, SFO and SOCA.
Members appear in all relevant forums from the Tax Tribunal to the Supreme Court and increasingly internationally as well. The team includes barristers called to the Bar in various overseas jurisdictions, including the BVI, the Turks and Caicos, and New York.
The Asset and Tax team offers exceptional expertise across a number of areas, including:
- Asset forfeiture and seizure
- Asset tracing and recovery
- Civil recovery of the proceeds of crime
- Commercial fraud
- Condemnation and non-restoration appeals
- Direct tax
- Diversion and Duty Point frauds
- Indirect tax (especially in relation to VAT, Excise and Customs duties).
- Insolvency-related claims
- Inheritance tax
- MTIC frauds
- Money laundering advice and compliance
- Proceeds of Crime, from restraint and receivership to confiscation and enforcement
- Tax avoidance schemes
- Tax investigation and regulation
- Tax fraud (in both civil and criminal contexts).
Members of the Group have written widely on their specialist fields. 3PB's Rupert Jones and former 3PB member Tribunal Judge Sutherland Williams are the co-editors of one of the leading practitioner texts on asset forfeiture: "Millington and Sutherland Williams on the Proceeds of Crime", (third edition, Oxford University Press, 2010).
Our Public and Regulatory Barristers...
Door Tenants and Pupils are marked by the DT and P symbols.
Nigel Lickley QCHead of Chambers Call: 1983 | Silk: 2006
Michael Vere-Hodge QC Call: 1970 | Silk: 1993
David Berkley QC Call: 1979 | Silk: 1999
Geraint Jones QC Call: 1976 | Silk: 2001
Stephen Harvey QC Call: 1979 | Silk: 2006
Joseph Giret QC Call: 1985 | Silk: 2010
Adam Feest QC Call: 1994 | Silk: 2016
Peter Jennings Call: 1972
Robin Leach Call: 1979
Timothy Bradbury Call: 1989
William Hansen Call: 1992
Tom Tyler Call: 1996
Charlotte Hadfield Call: 1999
Nicholas Cotter Call: 1999
Rupert Jones Call: 2000
Sheena Cassidy Call: 2001
Mathew Gullick Call: 2003
Tom Horder Call: 2004
Caroline Stone Call: 2005
Nicholas Robinson Call: 2006
Gabriel Adedeji Call: 2012
Latest Newsall news
- There are currently no news posts available.
- There are currently no publications available.
- There are currently no seminars available for this practice area, please sign-up to our mailing list if you would like to be notified of upcoming seminars when they are made available.
3PB enjoys a sterling reputationChambers and Partners