Probate and other chancery
Members of our team offer extensive experience and expertise advising and representing clients in the law and practice concerning Contentious Probate, Wills and Inheritance Act claims and Private Client Litigation. Regularly instructed by beneficiaries, executors, trustees and other interested parties, our team understand the sensitive and emotive nature of these matters and work with the legal team to gain a efficient and effective resolution as possible.
Our specialist team offer expertise in areas such as:
- Advising on the validity of Wills, their interpretation and execution
- Applications to remove executors or trustees
- Administration of Estates and Trusts, lifetime gifts and assignments
- Advising trustees as to the limits of their powers
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975, Advising on the appropriate steps if a beneficiary is difficult or impossible to find
- Deeds of Variation
- Interpretation and advice as to the meaning and/or the effect of intended or existing express trust schemes for settlors, trustees, and beneficiaries.
- Receiverships, deputyships and Enduring and Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Undue Influence
- Trusts and the beneficial ownership of property
- Negligence claims, often against professionals relating to the drafting and execution of wills.
We understand the need for often consensual resolution to these, sometimes, emotive matters and work with our clients to resolve the issues outside of the court system, whether it be through mediation, other means of ADR or through delicate negotiation.
Our Property and Estates Barristers...
Loading Barrister Profiles...
Door Tenants are marked by the DT symbols.
Latest Newsall news
- There are currently no publications available.
- There are currently no seminars available for this practice area, please sign-up to our mailing list if you would like to be notified of upcoming seminars when they are made available.
Highly regarded chambersChambers and Partners