William has sat as an Legally Qualified Chair (LQC) on police misconduct hearings for a number of years and so has very extensive knowledge and experience of all aspects of police misconduct.
He is happy to accept instructions to act for the Appropriate Authority and is equally happy to accept instructions from officers who work for police authorities that do not retain him as an LQC.
He also has very broad and deep experience of judicial review as a member of the Attorney General's A list of Panel Counsel.
- B.Sc (Econ), First Class, LSE
- M.Phil (Cantab.)
- MBA (London Business School) with Distinction
Professional qualifications & appointments
- Deputy Judge of the Upper Tribunal, Administrative Appeals Chamber
- Deputy Chancery Master
- Judge, First Tier Tribunal, Property Chamber
- Legally Qualified Chair, Police Misconduct Hearings
- Member of the Attorney General's A Panel
- ADR Qualified Mediator
- Member of the Administrative Law Bar Association
- Member of the Chancery Bar Association
- Member of the Property Bar Association
William Hansen is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information