Victoria is an Intellectual Property specialist. Her IP practice covers all aspects of trade marks, passing off, designs, copyright and breach of confidence. She has extensive experience in the Chancery Division, IPEC, UKIPO and EUIPO including applications for interim relief.
Victoria is particularly well known for her expertise in trade mark and passing off matters. She has acted for many well-known brands including Lidl, Virgin, Victoria’s Secret, Draper tools and DAF Trucks NV. She also represents small and medium enterprises and regularly appears before the IPEC and the UKIPO. In addition to her general practice, Victoria regularly gives seminars on specialist topics. This includes seminars to CITMA, attending White Paper conferences and she also hosts an annual IP Seminar in Bristol.
Other areas of Victoria’s practice include copyright and designs. Her copyright work encompasses all areas including architect disputes, computer software infringement, musical copyright claims and infringement of photographs and other artistic works. She is currently acting for a South West based firm of architects in relation to the unauthorised reproduction of their plans. In relation to designs, Victoria has advised and represented well-known businesses in relation to registered and unregistered design right infringement and has recently acted on behalf of a client in relation to an iconic piece of furniture.
A developing area of Victoria’s practice is in relation to breach of confidence actions including trade secret disputes and employee competition matters. She has extensive experience in both seeking and defending applications for interim relief including interim injunctions, search and seizure orders, freezing orders, inspection orders and applications for pre-action and specific disclosure.
- Gabriel Alvardo v Karl Johnson - RESLOSOUND (O/619/17): UKIPO O/619/17, 19 June 2018 - successful appeal to the Appointed Person against decision of Hearing Officer under rule 38(6) TMR 2008 to refuse late admission of TM8 due to registrant suffering depression
- ‘The Colour Orange, Pantone 1595C’ Trade Mark Application: UKIPO O/433/18, 17 July 2018 - Opposition proceedings relating to acquired distinctiveness
- ‘Loch’ and ‘Cloch’ Trade Mark Applications: UKIPO O/431/18, 16 July 2018 - Consolidated opposition proceedings
- Country Cars of Bristol Ltd v (1) County Cars (SW) Ltd (2) Carl Wayne Sparey (t/a County Cars) (2018) LTL 22/3/2018 Extempore
- Student Union Lettings Ltd v Essex Student Lets Ltd  EWHC 419 (IPEC)
- Coreix Ltd v Coretx Holdings Plc & 8 ors  EWHC 1695 (IPEC)
- Royal Mint Ltd v Commonwealth Mint & Philatelic Bureau Ltd  EWHC 417 (Ch)
- George East Housewares Ltd v Fackelmann GMBH & Co KG and another  EWHC 2476 (IPEC)
- 'SOLISPOST’ Trade Mark: BL O/234/26, 12 May 2016 – Invalidity proceedings based upon prior rights and bad faith
- (1) OOO Abbott (2) Godfrey Victor Chasmer v (1) Econowall UK Ltd (2) Project Consulting & Construction Ltd (3) Smith Brewer Ltd (4) Retail Display Connections Ltd  EWHC 660 (IPEC)
- Jonathan Malcolm-Green v And So To Bed Ltd  EWHC 4016 (IPEC)
- Earthworks Environment Ltd v Beale (QBD) LTL 1/3/2013
- National Guild of Removers and Storers Ltd v Alliance Removals and Storers Ltd and Barrett (September 2011- Patents County Court)
- Redwood Tree Services Ltd v Warren Aspey t/a Redwood Tree Surgeons  EWPCC 014
- Freshtime UK Ltd v Wayne  EWHC 3639 (Ch)
- PPL v Gough  All ER (D) 255 (Oct)
- Coty Prestige Lancaster Group GmbH and Anor v Beauty Collection (London) Ltd  EWHC 3087 (Ch);  All ER (D) 388
Victoria recently spoke at a White Paper Conference on the threshold for acquired distinctiveness of shape marks.
In May 2018 she gave a seminar to CITMA (Midlands) on “The big trade mark cases of 2018 so far…."
Victoria spoke at Cambridge University's IP summer school on 18th August 2017.
On 27th June 2017, Victoria gave the following seminar to CITMA: 'A sovereign affair - an update and commentary on the Royal Mint and other cases and some evidentiary tips and tactics'.
'Victoria Jones is highlighted for her specialisation in trademark, passing off and online enforcement matters and for the commercial and pragmatic way in which she approaches complex cases.'
World Trademark Review 1000 2019/Junior Counsel, intellectual property
'She is an all-round star: user friendly, inspires confidence and offers great tactical input.'
Legal 500 2018/19/Intellectual Property - London
Talented and experienced junior who regularly acts in design, copyright and breach of confidence disputes on behalf of a premium clientele. Market sources praise her courtroom presence and her expert advice.
"She is extremely easy to work with. She has very good analytical skills and she has a nice, reasoned approach to advocacy." "She is friendly, helpful and generally a delight to work with."
Recent work: Acted for Essex Student Lets in defence of a trade mark infringement and passing-off claim brought by Student Union Lettings in relation to the mark 'SU Lets', involving issues of localised goodwill.
Chambers UK 2019/Intellectual Property - The Regions (Bar) - Band 1
Strengths: "The number-one choice for IP counsel in the West of England. Very bright and a true joy to work with." "Extremely versatile and flexible. Very strong intellect and very personable. Extremely strong advocate."
Chambers UK 2018/Intellectual Property - The Regions (Bar) - Band 1
'At 3PB, Victoria Jones focuses on trademark and passing-off cases. She garners plaudits for her down-to-earth style and practical approach.'
World Trademark Review 1000 2018/Junior Counsel, intellectual property
'Enjoys a strong reputation in the field for her broad-based knowledge and significant expertise. Her diverse practice covers areas such as passing off, breach of confidence and trade mark disputes.
Strengths: “Excellent in court with a very friendly manner that puts clients at ease. She has an impressive intellect and an excellent eye for detail.” “First-class, she adopts a commercial approach, manages client expectations and is remarkably quick to respond.”'
Chambers UK 2017/Intellectual Property - The Regions (Bar) - Band 1
'Victoria Jones of 3PB Barristers is appreciated by solicitors for her "deft handling of difficult lay clients", and is hailed as "personable and pragmatic""
World Trademark Review 1000 2017/Junior Counsel, intellectual property.
‘She has excellent technical skills and a good client manner.’
Legal 500 2017/London Bar, Tier 4, Intellectual property – Leading juniors
'Particularly strong at trade marks and passing-off cases, and someone with a burgeoning reputation in the growing field of online intellectual property. Acts in Bristol and the South West, and is a leading IP figure in the region.
Strengths: "Very strong intellect and very personable. An extremely strong advocate." "Becoming Bristol’s premier IP specialist barrister, providing a very credible alternative to London."'
Chambers UK 2016/Intellectual Property - The Regions (Bar) - Band 1
‘She distils complicated legal issues into easily digestible language.’
Legal 500 2016/London Bar, Tier 4, Intellectual property – Leading juniors
'Victoria Jones of 3PB has a great reputation on trademark and passing off matters'
World Trademark Review 1000 2016/intellectual property.
'Bristol-based and quickly establishing a strong following amongst the leading IP solicitors in the South West. She has recently been instructed on a number of significant trade mark and passing-off cases, and is a popular speaker on issues such as online IP.
Expertise: "She is first-rate; she's personable, she gets stuck in, and her knowledge of the law is excellent." "She is very user-friendly and responsive, and clients really like her."'
Chambers UK 2015/Intellectual Property – The Regions (Bar) – Band 1
‘Her technical skills are excellent; she takes complicated issues and explains them succinctly and clearly to lay clients.’
Legal 500 2015/London Bar - Tier 4, Intellectual property – Leading juniors
- LLB (Hons) (Law with French)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Commercial IP
- Hardwicke Entrance Award (Lincoln's Inn)
- Ethram Scholar (2003)
- Chancery Bar Association
- IP Bar Association
Victoria Jones is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information
Victoria Jones to speak at CITMA lecture at 3PB's Birmingham Chambers on 10 July
3PB Barristers are delighted to host CITMA's first Midlands lecture of the year at our Birmingham Chambers. Programme Outline Recent trade mark decisions are be...Read more
Victoria Jones earns another ranking for her Intellectual Property expertise from the World Trademark Review 2019
Victoria Jones’ expertise has once again been acknowledged in the World Trademark Review: “Victoria Jones is highlighted for her specialisation in trademar...Read more
Victoria Jones successfully represents UK law firm Loch Associates Group in the UKIPO
Victoria Jones successfully represents UK law firm Loch Associates Group in successfully defending oppositions to its nine trade mark applications incorporating...Read more