"Many thanks for your help with this case and for securing an excellent result – the client was very complimentary about you and it is obviously of particular importance where we aren't attending hearings to have a personable barrister with strong client management skills." - instructing employment solicitor, 2017.
“Please extend my thanks to Mr O’Donohoe for this comprehensive submission. Your choice in him was very well placed” – whistleblowing claimant client represented successfully by Thomas at ET and EAT level.
“Tom’s approach was exceptionally thorough and this gave our client great confidence in his advice in a case involving complex variables about future loss of earnings” – instructing PI solicitor.
“Thank you for your outstanding work on this case. I look forward to working with you again” – instructing solicitor in successful defence of claims of unfair dismissal and whistleblowing.
“We instructed Tom in a recent RTA case involving a father and his daughter who both suffered substantial physical and psychological injuries. Both have been impressed not only by Tom’s thoroughness and attention to detail but also by the sympathetic treatment and understanding they have received from him throughout” - instructing PI solicitor.
“Thomas has been instructed on a number of occasions and has proved to be excellent...exceptional legal knowledge within his selected area... . A fantastic ability to quickly understand complex issues within a short space of time and the ability to analyse and deal with a large amount of information without prompting.... Clients find him to be an excellent orator with fantastic diction and cross examination skills... a trusted advocate and is recommended amongst fee earners in the department... determined to succeed on behalf of clients” - head of employment law at a firm of instructing solicitors.
- BA Hons (Oxon), Magdalen College, Oxford
- Tutorial Prize in Modern History, Magdalen College, Oxford (2000/1)
- Exhibitioner, Magdalen College, Oxford (2000/1)
- Graduate Diploma in Law, City University (Distinction)
- Bar Vocational Course, Inns of Court School of Law (Outstanding, 4th in year)
- Lord Brougham Scholarship, Lincoln's Inn (2005)
- Hardwicke Entrance Award, Lincoln's Inn (2005)
- Lord Mansfield Scholarship, Lincoln's Inn (2006, Highest award available for the BVC)
- Barstow Scholarship, Inns of Court School of Law (2007, for coming 4th in the year on the BVC)
- Buchanan Prize, Lincoln's Inn (2007, for obtaining 'Outstanding' on the BVC)
- Sunley Scholarship, Lincoln's Inn (2007)
- Employment Law Bar Association (ELBA)
- Personal Injury Bar Association (PIBA)
Personal Injury update published by 3PB
The Personal Injury team has published its latest update including the latest on the Commons amendments regarding the Civil Liability Bill as considered by the ...Read more
Employment law barrister Thomas O'Donohoe examines the impact of the general election's result on employment cases
In the wake of the snap general election's result, employment law barrister Thomas O'Donohoe examines how employment cases may be affected. To read Thomas' anal...Read more
3PB Employment Barrister Thomas O'Donohoe addresses Employment Law Update Seminar at London's NLC
Thomas O’Donohoe appeared as one of a team of speakers from Chambers’ Employment Law Group at a seminar on current employment law topics presented by the gr...Read more