Sunyana Sharma’s experience in inquest work covers medical negligence cases, deaths at sea, fatal accidents at work and road traffic incidents of all kinds. She is well equipped to deal with a full range of inquest work as noted by her expertise in medical healthcare, maritime law and health and safety work. She provides added value to the area as a result of her previous practice area of personal injury in which she conducted clinical negligence claims, work related illnesses and accidents and police misconduct claims.
- Inquest touching the death of BI (2018): Instructed to represent a dredger Company following a collision with a sailing boat leading to a death at sea.
- Inquest touching the death of NW (2017): Instructed by HM Coastguard Service following a death at sea in which article 2 issues were raised.
- Inquest touching the death of RS (2016): Represented an employee as an interested party at a 3 day jury inquest into the death of a colleague whilst at work following a fall through a Perspex roof on his employer’s premises.
- Inquest touching the death of EG (2013): Represented the family of the deceased in an inquest which challenged the clinical care and treatment provided by the NHS Trust.
'She understands both sides of nursing and midwifery cases.'
Legal 500 2016/Professional Discipline and Regulatory Law (including police law) – Leading juniors
- LLB Law (Hons), London School of Economics
- LLM Public International Law (Merit), London School of Economics
- Bar Vocational Course, BPP Law School, London (2006, very competent).
- Jessup International Mooting Competition, (UK rounds) - Finalist, 2004 and Semi-Finalist, 2006
Professional qualifications & appointments
- Panel C list of Specialist Regulatory Advocates for The Health & Safety & Environmental Law Executive
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL)
- Criminal Bar Association (CBA)
- Human Rights Lawyers' Association (HRLA)
- Constitutional and Administrative Law Bar Association (ALBA)
- Western Circuit
Sunyana Sharma is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information
3PB Barrister Sunyana Sharma secures record fine for the Maritime Coastguard Agency v Sodexo on health and safety grounds
On 18 May 2018 Sunyana Sharma secured the largest financial penalty for the Maritime Coastguard Agency ('MCA') against Sodexo Ltd in the sum of £300,000. ...Read more
3PB's Public and Regulatory team provide an update on the CQC and Practice and Procedure
On 15 March 2018 3PB Barristers Nicholas Leviseur, Nicholas Cotter and Sunyana Sharma presented a seminar on The CQC: Aims, Powers and Enforcement Powers and...Read more
3PB's Public and Regulatory team delivers Professional Disciplinary Training
On 18th July, Head of 3PB's Professional Disciplinary Group Sunyana Sharma, Lachlan Wilson and Shruti Sharma, all members of 3PB's Public and Regulatory group...Read more