Stephen has successfully represented sportsmen and women (some of national significance) before their disciplinary bodies for a variety of matters.
- XFC NO 1 – Successfully persuaded the FA to drop an investigation into a footballer alleged to have made racist remarks during a game.
- XFC NO 2 – Successfully persuaded the FA not to proceed with an investigation into an allegation that the FC involved failed to cooperate with its investigation.
Stephen has sat as the Legal Chair of a Disciplinary Appeal Panel involving international athletes.
Stephen has been instructed to investigate an Olympic athlete’s conduct following a series of complaints.
Stephen has recently advised an international club on match-fixing issues and investigations by the ICC.
He has also advised in relation to matters before the British Horseracing Authority.
Stephen has been rated by both of the two main professional directories:
Chambers & Partners states that ‘Stephen is a meticulous and confident performer who is both charming and hardworking’. He is active in a wide range of areas, and has notable specialisations in fraud and copyright theft’.
‘…(he) honed his skills in engineering and financial services before coming to the Bar. He wins acclaim for his charming manner and clear-headedness’.
Legal 500 particularly refers to his, ‘…wealth of experience in the cross-examination of experts (in a variety of fields) and (he) has lectured…on the topic of ‘The expert witness’.
Professional qualifications & appointments
- Associate Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- The Criminal Bar Association
- The Proceeds of Crime Lawyers Association
- The British Academy of Forensic Sciences
- The Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers
- The Health and Safety Lawyers Association
- The Public Access Bar Association.
Stephen Harvey QC is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information
3PB attracts five new tenants, to further strengthen its client offerings
UK chambers 3PB has today announced five new tenants, all formerly of 1 Gray’s Inn Square, London, will be joining their London office, reflecting its continu...Read more