Stephen has dealt with a number of sporting disciplinary issues and has expertise involving situations in which the criminal law impinges upon a sports personality or sporting activity.
Stephen’s particular expertise is anti-corruption, bribery and corporate governance. He has been involved in issues from both the individual and a club's perspective.
Stephen has a particular interest in the regulation and discipline of football, rugby, motor sport, horseracing and greyhound racing.
- AB - Football Disciplinary Commission hearing. Advised and represented a footballer accused of racial abuse and assault. Acquitted
- YY - Advised and represented a premier league footballer in relation to allegations of assault
- AA - Advised another premier league football player in relation to motoring and accusations of dishonesty
- XX - Advised another premier league footballer in relation to criminal charges involving assault and public order offences.
‘Stephen is a meticulous and confident performer who is both charming and hardworking’. He is active in a wide range of areas, and has notable specialisations in fraud and copyright theft’.
‘…(he) honed his skills in engineering and financial services before coming to the Bar. He wins acclaim for his charming manner and clear headedness’.
Stephen has a ‘…wealth of experience in the cross-examination of experts (in a variety of fields) and (he) has lectured…on the topic of ‘The expert witness’.
Professional qualifications & appointments
- Associate Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- The Criminal Bar Association
- The Proceeds of Crime Lawyers Association
- The British Academy of Forensic Sciences
- The Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers
- The Health and Safety Lawyers Association
- The Public Access Bar Association.
Stephen Harvey QC is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information
3PB attracts five new tenants, to further strengthen its client offerings
UK chambers 3PB has today announced five new tenants, all formerly of 1 Gray’s Inn Square, London, will be joining their London office, reflecting its continu...Read more