'Rupert Jones handles all aspects of the law of restraint, receivership, confiscation and civil recovery. He has experience of acting for a range of clients, including third parties, companies, liquidators and administrators.
Expertise: "He's in a league of his own. He's very good at receivership and restraint, and he's never out of court." "His advocacy and written submissions are extremely good."'
Chambers UK 2015/POCA Work & Asset Forfeiture - All Circuits
'Rupert Jones of 3PB Barristers focuses mostly on the civil aspects of POCA and asset forfeiture work, and frequently handles high-profile civil recovery cases.
Expertise: “He’s heavily specialised and really knows his stuff.” '
Chambers UK 2014/POCA Work & Asset Forfeiture - All Circuits – Band 1
Rupert is recommended by the Legal 500 2013/2014 as a leading junior counsel to the Crown (B Panel).
- MA (Oxon) in Experimental Psychology
Professional qualifications & appointments
- Attorney General of Anguilla (2014 to 2016)
- Fee Paid Judge of the First-Tier Tribunal, Tax Chamber (Appointed 2015)
- Deputy Judge of the Upper Tribunal, Administrative Appeals Chamber (Appointed 2018)
- Co-Author and Co-Editor of Millington and Sutherland Williams on the Proceeds of Crime (4th edition Oxford University Press, Oct 2013 – 5th edition published January 2018)
- Attorney General’s Panel of Civil Counsel B panel (March 2012 to present)
- Developed vetted
- Counsel to the Serious Fraud Office (Proceeds of Crime A panel – 2013 to present)
- Registered Pupil Supervisor
- Legal Assessor for the Nursing and Midwifery Council 2013 to present
- Amicus Charity – Assisting Lawyers for Justice on Death Row
- Bar Pro Bono Uni
- Criminal Bar Association
- Proceeds of Crime Lawyers' Association
Rupert Jones is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information
3PB celebrates the launch of the 5th edition of 'Millington and Sutherland Williams on the Proceeds of Crime'
3PB's public and regulatory team are proud to announce the publication of the fifth edition of 'Millington and Sutherland Williams on the Proceeds of Crime' (...Read more
William Hansen promoted to the Attorney-General’s A panel of Junior Counsel to the Crown in civil matters, with effect from 1 September 2017
Chambers is pleased to announce that William Hansen has been promoted from the B panel to the A panel of the Attorney General’s Panels of Junior Counsel to th...Read more
Mathew Gullick and Caroline Stone appointed to the Attorney-General's panels of Junior Counsel to the Crown in civil matters, with effect from 1 September 2016
Chambers is pleased to announce that Mathew Gullick and Caroline Stone have been appointed to the Attorney-General’s panels of Junior Counsel to the Crown in ...Read more