Rufus Taylor is a highly specialised and experienced criminal advocate. He is regularly instructed to both prosecute and defend in Crown Courts on the Western Circuit.
His experience includes substantial VAT and Excise frauds as well as sex, drug and violent offences at all levels. Junior counsel to the Attorney-General’s panel of Prosecuting Advocates List C (London and S.E. Circuit) in 2002 and List B (Western Circuit) in 2006. His practice includes Courts-Martial and Sea Fishery prosecutions.
He was appointed a Deputy District Judge (Magistrates’ Courts) in 2009 and a Recorder (Western Circuit) in 2012.
He is on the CPS Grade 4 and RASSO approved lists.
Add this expertise to your shortlist
Recent cases (2017 – ongoing)
- R v AV (Winchester CC) – Alleged assault by penetration
- R v DC (Bournemouth CC) – Alleged historic indecent assaults
- R v HE (Salisbury CC) – Alleged wounding with intent
- R v EW (Bournemouth CC) – Alleged sexual assault
- R v JE (Winchester CC) – Murder
- R v PL (Bournemouth CC) – Assault by penetration
- R v RT (Winchester CC) – Alleged rape
- R v KF (Winchester CC) – Alleged death by dangerous driving
- R v LS (Taunton CC) – Death by dangerous driving
- R v DO (Bournemouth) – Historic indecent assaults
- R v RG (Winchester CC) - Alleged conspiracy to blackmail
- R v AT (Bournemouth CC) – Alleged rape.
'Well known counsel with substantial expertise in fraud cases alongside matters concerning sexual, drug-related and violent offences. He also sits as a Deputy District Judge in the Magistrate's Court.'
Strengths: "He is a tidy performer with a good style."
Chambers UK 2018/Western (Bar) - Crime - Band 3
- BVC, Inns of Court School of Law
- Diploma in Law, City University
- LLB (Hons), Edinburgh University
- Universität des Saarlandes, Saarbrücken
- Criminal Bar Association
- Western Circuit