Robert Dawson is a second six pupil barrister. He joined 3PB in October 2021 and is based in the London office.
Prior to starting pupillage, Robert worked in the construction industry. He is a chartered surveyor and has worked as a surveyor for a Tier 1 main contractor, as a senior consultant for an international consultancy firm and as a party representative acting for subcontractors in adjudication proceedings.
Robert has also been appointed as an adjudicator under several CEDR adjudication schemes, including more than 100 appointments dealing with RICS-referred complaints against surveyors.
Robert has been admitted as a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators through both the arbitration and construction adjudication routes.
- Bar Professional Training Course (BPP London)
- LLM Construction Law, Arbitration and Adjudication (Robert Gordon University)
- LLM Public International Law (University of Nottingham)
- GDL (Swansea University)
- BA Business and Management (Trinity Saint David)
- Thomas More Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Buchanan Prize (Lincoln’s Inn)
Professional qualifications & appointments
- CEDR Adjudication Panel
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Civil Engineering Surveyors
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators