Nicole provides advocacy, advice and drafting in relation to a broad range of commercial matters, including:
- Contractual disputes
- Misrepresentation and mistake
- Undue influence and duress
- Sale and supply of goods and services
- Debt recovery
- Professional negligence
- Construction disputes
In addition to the above areas, Nicole is currently developing her intellectual property practice and accepts instructions in matters relating to copyright and passing off.
Nicole also accepts instructions in non-contentious matters and has experience in drafting and advising on:
- Share holder agreements
- Manufacturing agreements
- Standard terms and conditions
- Data protection notices
- Advising and drafting a skeleton argument in relation to a claim concerning the restriction of a former employee’s use of a personal LinkedIn account which involved issues of restrictive covenants and general contractual arguments.
- Advising on a claim in relation to the ownership of a domain name which involved issues of undue influence and mistake.
- Successfully obtaining an interim injunction to restrain the presentation of a winding-up petition.
- Drafting a defence to a claim for breach of contract and misrepresentation concerning the sale of a dentist practice.
- Advising in respect of solicitor’s negligence in advising on settlement.
- Instructed in relation to a claim for a preference under s.239 of the Insolvency Act 1986.
- Acting as a junior in an arbitration concerning the installation of industrial fittings.
2nd Sep 2016
Commercial update: Unfair terms - when am I dealing on another's standard terms of business? - an update by Nicole Bollard
“You did a fantastic job and we got a great result. You had clearly spent a lot of time preparing and considering the various issues. Your cross-examination was spot on. You were calm yet tenacious, overall a fantastic job and I am very grateful.” (recent instructing solicitor).
- BA Hons. English, University of Oxford 2.1
- GDL, City Law School, Commendation
- BPTC, City Law School, Very Competent
- Property Bar Association
- Chancery Bar Association
- Technology & Construction Bar Association (TECBAR)
Nicole Bollard is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information
Claims against joint tortfeasors: who is liable? - An analysis by Nicole Bollard
When will settling a claim against one defendant bar a claimant from pursuing a different defendant, who is jointly responsible for the claimant’s loss? Nicol...Read more