Property and Estates
Neil acts for individuals, private companies and public bodies in relation to commercial property disputes, including multi-day High Court and County Court trials and experience of trials in the property tribunal.
He handles litigation relating to securities over real property, in particular, the law relating to mortgages and charges over registered land especially in connection with banking and finance work.
- G & A Properties (UK) Ltd v Rolland  EWHC 939 (Ch) (23 January 2015)
- Mortgages and Charges over Land (including charging orders and tracing sale proceeds).
- Possession claims.
- Landlord and Tenant (including business tenancies).
- Land Registration (including litigation relating to notices, restrictions and priorities).
- Contracts for sale of land.
- Adverse Possession.
- Easements and Restrictive Covenants.
- Trusts of Land (including claims for beneficial interests, actions by beneficiaries to remove/replace trustees).
- Insolvency issues in the real property context.
- Commercial developments and building disputes.
- Agricultural holdings.
- Leasehold enfranchisement.
- Fraudulent property schemes and “sale-and-rent-back” litigation.
- Advice in multi-million pound overage litigation for property developers.
- Defending claims against pub landlords under leases with breweries.
- Construction contracts (e.g. advice for developers of residential blocks in Birmingham City Centre regarding flood damage).
- BSc (Hons) in Chemistry, University of Birmingham
- Graduate Diploma in Law, University of Birmingham
- Bar Vocational Course, Inns of Court School of Law, London
Professional qualifications & appointments
- Deputy District Judge, 2015
- Called to the Bar, Lincoln’s Inn, 2006
Neil Fawcett is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information
Commercial update: Good faith and ‘matching’ in commercial contracts
Neil Fawcett analyses the Commercial Court’s recent decision in New Balance Athletics, Inc v Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Ltd  EWHC 2837...Read more
Commercial and property specialist barrister joins 3PB’s expanding Birmingham team
Neil Fawcett (2006 call) has joined 3PB‘s leading Commercial and Property teams. Neil has a broad commercial and chancery practice and will be based in 3PB...Read more