Neil has acted on a wide range of litigation for banks/financial institutions as well as for companies and sometimes individuals defending banking and possession claims against them.
His experience covers all aspects of banking litigation in addition to drafting pleadings and attending directions hearings, application hearings, including for summary judgment and strike-out and attending trials and appeals, often where there are complex or highly technical issues of law to be resolved on the multi-track in the High Court or County Court.
- Mortgages and Charges over Land.
- Possession claims.
- Claims based on undue influence, duress and fraud (especially involving problems with possession orders arising under Albany Homes v Massey).
- Land Registration (including detailed advice regarding notices, restrictions and priorities).
- Consumer Credit Act claims.
- Mis-selling claims and other breaches of MCOBS by mortgage lenders.
- Claims under indemnity and guarantee agreements.
- Breach of mandate claims.
- Defending negligence claims against banks.
- Recovery of overdrafts and loans.
- Professional negligence actions against conveyancing solicitors in mortgage cases.
- Hire-purchase, leasing and conditional-sale agreements.
- BSc (Hons) in Chemistry, University of Birmingham
- Graduate Diploma in Law, University of Birmingham
- Bar Vocational Course, Inns of Court School of Law, London
Professional qualifications & appointments
- Deputy District Judge, 2015
- Called to the Bar, Lincoln’s Inn, 2006
- Property Bar Association
Neil Fawcett is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information
3PB’s David Berkley QC and Neil Fawcett issue challenge to business on making insurance claims arising from Covid-19
Two of 3PB’s specialist commercial litigation barristers, David Berkley QC, 3PB’s Head of Chambers and Neil Fawcett have reviewed business insurance claims ...Read more
‘No set-off’ clauses in Venson Automotive Solutions Ltd v Morrison's Facilities Services Ltd - an analysis by Neil Fawcett
3PB specialist commercial and property barrister Neil Fawcett analyses the case of Venson Automotive Solutions Ltd v Morrison's Facilities Services Ltd and othe...Read more
Commercial update: Good faith and ‘matching’ in commercial contracts
Neil Fawcett analyses the Commercial Court’s recent decision in New Balance Athletics, Inc v Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Ltd  EWHC 2837...Read more