Naomi Webber has a growing practice in education law. She regularly acts for parents, local authorities and schools in EHCP appeals and discrimination claims. She also acts as a clerk for admissions appeals and independent review panels (school exclusions).
Her background in university teaching means she is willing and able to provide training in a range of areas of education law. She has provided training to local authorities on EHCPs.
Prior to pupillage, Naomi worked as a research assistant at the University of Oxford, examining the effect of the 2012 changes to the law of school exclusions.
Naomi has a particular interest in religion in education and wrote her masters’ dissertation on whether children have a right to a secular education.
- Lucinda Ferguson and Naomi Webber, School Exclusion and the Law: A Literature Review and Scoping Survey of Practice (Department of Education, University of Oxford, January 2015)
12th May 2020
Naomi Webber looks at the recent Upper Tribunal case of F v Responsible Body of School W. This is required reading for anyone who does disability discrimination work in the First Tier Tribunal, whose approach to registering claims for discrimination came under scrutiny in Re F for the first time and is likely to work somewhat differently going forward.
- Bar Professional Training Course, City Law School, 2016-17
- LLM in Law, University College London, 2015-16
- BA Jurisprudence (Law), Worcester College, University of Oxford, 2011-2014
- Inner Temple Exhibition Award, 2016
- Constitutional and Administrative Law Bar Association (ALBA)
- Education Law Association (ELAS)
- Employment Lawyers Association (ELA)
- Employment Law Bar Association (ELBA)
Gareth Graham edits August's employment and discrimination law newsletter
Gareth Graham has edited 3PB's latest Employment and Discrimination newsletter, including contributions from Katherine Anderson, Sarah Clarke, and Naomi Webber....Read more
New employment webinar available to watch now - Religion and Belief in the Workplace
3PB barristers Naomi Webber and Katherine Anderson bring you another chance to see this webinar - first broadcast on 9 July 2020 - in which Katherine an...Read more
New - employment law case update now available summarising cases of note
3PB employment barristers Naomi Webber and Daniel Brown bring you a round-up of relevant case law updates in this 25-minute briefing. During this recorded case...Read more