Construction and engineering
Michelle is instructed in disputes relating to professional negligence issues, in particular allegations of negligence against construction professionals, including structural engineers and architects. Michelle has been involved in many contractual disputes between employer and contractor arising out of construction projects and in disputes with insurers arising out of building defects, advising and acting in litigation and mediation.
- Building Defects
- Contractual Disputes
- Professional Negligence
Her recent and current cases include the following:
- Junior Counsel to Geraint Jones QC in multi-million pound litigation (successfully) defending allegations of commercial fraud arising from the collapse of the Versailles Group.
- Acted for owner of commercial stadium concerning alleged defective construction of elevators with technical arguments over construction and claims for loss and expense.
- Acted for architect in a dispute raising allegations of negligent design of extension.
- Successfully defending Consulting civil and structural Engineers in a claim concerning alleged defective design and construction of extension.
- Acting for property owners in respect of defective building works in relation to a Listed Building.
- Successfully defending a Lift Construction Company in a claim concerning alleged defective installation and design.
"Michelle is superb with clients and always quickly grasps the salient legal and procedural issues on any instruction. She is diligent and personable with huge legal knowledge and skill in applying the law. Her skeleton arguments are something to behold". - Jeremy Hugo (Instructing Solicitor)
LLB Hons (University of Essex)
Personal Injury Bar Association (PIBA)