Luke appears for Claimants in clinical negligence claims involving serious and life changing injuries. Luke’s experience extends to claims involving significant damages for loss of earnings and care which extend to several hundred thousand pounds or more.
Examples of cases include:
- Acting for the Claimant in a case of negligent treatment resulting in the unnecessary removal of a kidney. Favourable settlement secured.
- Acting for the Claimant in a fatal accident and dependency claim valued at more than £100,000.
7th Jul 2020
A recent survey, conducted by 3PB’s Luke Ashby and Albion Chambers Kate Brunner QC for the Western Circuit, showed a 75% decrease in the number of hearings and a 58% reduction in work done by the Bar. Luke Ashby now offers some practical guidance on:
•what legal professionals can do to ensure remote hearings in the Civil Justice System are both effective and fair; and
•identifying the main barriers to a remote hearing and how to overcome them.
‘Excellent with clients. Very user-friendly. Sharp on the law, but sees the bigger picture. Top drawer negotiator. Always really well prepared and knows their areas. Also very good at retrieving potentially lost-cause situations.’
"Luke Ashby deals with life-changing injuries and fatal accidents and has a specialist counter-fraud practice."
Legal 500 2021/Leading junior - Personal injury – Western Circuit – Tier 3
Professional qualifications & appointments
- Deputy District Judge (Civil)
- Fee-Paid Judge of the First-tier Tribunal (Social Entitlement Chamber)
- Pupil supervisor
- Bar Vocational Course (Very Competent)
- LLB - 2:1
- Personal Injuries Bar Association
- The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
- Western Circuit
Luke Ashby is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information