Public and Regulatory
During pupillage, Laura undertook a two-week secondment to the Nursing and Midwifery Council, during which she case presented at substantive order review hearings.
Her experience prior to coming to the Bar provided her with an excellent grounding in this area. She worked in conjunction with law firms to prepare a large professional negligence class action against financial advisers who had mis-sold complex tax schemes.
Taxi licence appeals
Laura has been instructed by Councils to resist such appeals.
Laura has prosecuted numerous hearings on behalf of Councils relating to education offences under the Education Act 1996.
Laura has been instructed to represent the police in applications for domestic violence protection orders and in relation to shotgun appeals.
- Buckinghamshire County Council v SS (2019) Aylesbury Crown Court- breach of statutory duties relating to controlled waste
- PT v Blaby District Council (2018) Leicester Crown Court- appeal against conviction and sentenced for failure to comply with community protection notice, represented the Respondent Council, appeal dismissed
Recommendations from instructing solicitors
‘Thank you very much for your help in this matter, kind call yesterday and comprehensive note – first class’
‘Laura, that is an absolutely amazing outcome!! Thanks so much.’
‘Thank you for getting your attendance notes over so quickly and thank you for your work on these, my instructing client is always extremely complimentary of you!’
‘Many thanks for your help in all of this which has to be said, to be very difficult circumstances and of course your representation and expeditious notes.’
‘Excellent result…not an easy achievement in a Magistrates’ Trial so very well done…Congratulations on the result again – and for all your help with this case.’
‘I must congratulate you on X’s comment that you were ‘excellent’ it being a significant achievement in light of his concerns about a change of barrister before trial. I am grateful to you and will be very happy to recommend you in future.’
‘Thank you for your excellent representation & prompt & detailed attendance note. A very good result!’
- BPTC, The University of Law, 2013 - Very competent
- LLB (Hons), The University of Bristol, 2012 - 2:1
- President of the Bar Society, 2011-2012
- Benefactors’ Scholarship, The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple, 2012
Professional qualifications & appointments
- Level 2- CPS Advocate Panel-General Crime