- Clerk Name: Stuart Pringle
- Clerk Telephone: 01962 868 884
- Clerk Email: email@example.com
Public and Regulatory
During pupillage, Laura undertook a two-week secondment to the Nursing and Midwifery Council, during which she case presented at substantive order review hearings.
Her experience prior to coming to the Bar provided her with an excellent grounding in this area. She worked in conjunction with law firms to prepare a large professional negligence class action against financial advisers who had mis-sold complex tax schemes.
Taxi licence appeals
Laura has been instructed by local authority Councils to resist such appeals.
Laura has prosecuted numerous hearings on behalf of Councils relating to education offences under the Education Act 1996.
Laura has been instructed to represent the police in applications for domestic violence protection orders and in relation to shotgun appeals.
- Buckinghamshire County Council v SS (2019) Aylesbury Crown Court- breach of statutory duties relating to controlled waste
- PT v Blaby District Council (2018) Leicester Crown Court- appeal against conviction and sentenced for failure to comply with community protection notice, represented the Respondent Council, appeal dismissed
Recommendations from instructing solicitors
"Thank you very much for your excellent conduct of this trial, which led to very good result. Your calm and professional manner in how you handled the case and your thorough grasp of the detail assisted greatly in reassuring our client during what was no doubt an incredibly stressful time for him and his family."
"I wanted to let you know how much I appreciated the work you went to in relation to this case and it goes without saying that the outcome
was an extremely good one".
"The result for Mr KD was a good one (I had told him to take a bag with him)… Not an easy sentencing hearing and no mistake! Mr KD has asked me to pass on his sincere thanks, and as the real disruption of a custodial sentence was avoided."
From an elderly female client, "Laura is a lovely young woman, ideal for ladies, she is softly spoken and very easy to talk to."
"That's fantastic news Laura - thank you for letting me know & for all you did on this case, I bet JS was over the moon.’
"Thank you very much for this and for looking after JM so well. Simply a brilliant result! Thank you so much’
"Thank you very helpful, excellent result very well done".
"Thank you so much for your assistance in this case. Great result!!‘Thank you very much for your help in this matter, kind call yesterday and comprehensive note – first class."
"Laura, that is an absolutely amazing outcome!! Thanks so much."
"Thank you for getting your attendance notes over so quickly and thank you for your work on these, my instructing client is always extremely complimentary of you!"
"Many thanks for your help in all of this which has to be said, to be very difficult circumstances and of course your representation and expeditious notes."
"Thank you for your excellent representation & prompt & detailed attendance note. A very good result!"
- BPTC, The University of Law, 2013 - Very competent
- LLB (Hons), The University of Bristol, 2012 - 2:1
- President of the Bar Society, 2011-2012
- Benefactors’ Scholarship, The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple, 2012
Professional qualifications & appointments
- Level 2- CPS Advocate Panel-General Crime