- Clerk Name: Chris Mitchell
- Clerk Telephone: 020 7583 8055
- Clerk Email: email@example.com
Barrister Jim Hirschmann joined 3PB in August 2021 and practices in family, education and public law (see more details on his expertise in these areas below). He often acts for and against local authorities and has a particular interest in public law challenges that relate to his core practice areas.
Jim is hardworking, thorough and adept at explaining complex law in straightforward terms. This is reflected in comments from solicitors such as "a huge thank you for everything you have done on this case which went far and beyond" and comments from judges about Jim’s advocacy as “helpful” and “extremely clear.”
Outside of busy work demands, Jim enjoys sport with a particular interest in rugby, running and squash. He likes travelling and has an armchair interest in philosophy.
Jim is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Please contact him for a copy of his privacy notice which sets out the basis upon which any personal data he may collect about you, or that is provided to him, will be processed. He will provide a copy of this to you within two working days of receiving the request.
Public and Regulatory
Jim Hirschmann has a very strong public law and education law practice.
His public law practice has seen him successfully challenge the decisions of local authorities relating to public child law, homelessness and other regulatory matters including licensing by Ofsted.
He has a good education law practice, dealing with the full range of education law matters. More details of his caseload in this field can be found on his education law profile here.
Recent notable cases
C v D - Jim successfully drafted grounds of appeal under section 204 of the Housing Act 1996 with the result that the local authority conceded the unsuitability of the property offered and made an offer afresh.
E v F - Jim drafted correspondence on behalf of his client following a local authority’s failure to offer proper support to a special guardian. It resulted in an extensive training package being offered to his client and reconsideration of the financial support due.
"A huge thank you for everything you have done on this case which went far and beyond".
“Thanks for arranging Jim to cover the hearing yesterday. He was brilliant.”
"Thank you so much.You have been absolutely fantastic.....You are very professional, very helpful and have guided me so well in this case."
- University of Law, BPTC: Very Competent
- University College London, LLM Public Law: Merit
- University of Westminster, LLB European Legal Studies: First Class Honours
- Erasmus, Free University of Berlin: First Class Equivalent (Averaged ECTS Grade A)
- University of Law, Performance Award for top mark in the Judicial Review Module (2018)
- University of Law, Master of Moots Advocacy Scholarship (2017)
- Lincoln’s Inn, Hardwicke Entrance Award (2017)
- Attorney General’s ‘Junior Juniors’ Panel
- Court of Protection Bar Association
- The Constitutional & Administrative Law Bar Association
Jim Hirschmann is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Access (or Public Access) scheme.More Information