Jakob Reckhenrich is a third six pupil, building a practice focused on commercial, real estate and property disputes. He joined 3PB after completing his pupillage at Monckton Chambers and working as a judicial assistant in the Commercial Court, where he assisted, among others, Mrs Justice Cockerill and Mr Justice Butcher.
Jakob came to the Bar after working as an academic philosopher for a few years, completing his PhD and teaching at Brown University after studies at University College, Oxford and in Berlin. He also spent half a year working in the corporate strategy department of a major German group of companies.
His written work has been praised as “succinct” and “superbly analytical”; his legal research has been described as “especially impressive”. In his oral advocacy Jakob draws on his many years of teaching philosophy and giving conference papers. His advocacy has been described as “very much at the top end of the range”.
Jakob is fluent in German and has a working knowledge of French.
Outside his work, Jakob keeps trying to become a proficient pianist, alas, with no great success.
- Brown University, PhD in philosophy
- University College, Oxford, BPhil in philosophy
- Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, BA in philosophy, politics and sociology
- Phonenicia Scholarship, Bar European Group
- Lord Mansfield Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Lord Brougham Scholarship and Hardwicke Entrance Award, Lincoln’s Inn
- BPTC and GDL Partial fee scholarships, City Law School
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) Master's Scholarship
Professional qualifications & appointments
- The City Law School, BPTC, Outstanding
- The City Law School, GDL, Commendation
- Honourable Society of Lincoln's Inn