- Clerk Name: Stuart Pringle
- Clerk Telephone: 01962 868 884
- Clerk Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hugh-Guy appears in the county courts on Personal Injury cases on a weekly basis, on behalf of both Claimants and Defendants.
Hugh-Guy’s approach is to prepare thoroughly, to identify the crucial point which will tip the claim in favour of the client’s position and, finally, to take the temperature of the court and re-evaluate.
Notable cases include:
- Quantum: persuading a court to depart from the usual global award approach for a personal injury claim by using the ‘take your victim as you find her’ argument. The Claimant, who had Multiple Sclerosis, beat her own offer thereby triggering part 36 costs consequences
- Liability: fast track trial, acting for the Claimant in a claim under the Highways Act, judgment for the Claimant despite problems in establishing locus, under s.41, and the Defendant relying upon the s. 58 statutory defence; and
- Legal argument: Hugh-Guy persuaded the court to take a broad approach to the meaning of ‘particular spot’ (per James v Preseli  PIQR P114) in that the Claimant’s evidence failed to identify the precise spot where the accident occurred.
‘I really appreciated your input prior to the hearing.’ Solicitor
‘Your efforts at the hearing were fantastic and the Claimant is very pleased with the outcome (as am I).’ Solicitor
‘Hugh-Guy rang me the day before trial to talk through the medical evidence and how I valued the claim, which I appreciated. He thoroughly researched and prepared the case and made very compelling arguments. His hard work paid off with the amazing result yesterday. In addition he was able to persuade the DDJ to award my client interest at the highest rate. My client is very happy.’ Solicitor
‘Hugh-Guy is a credit to 3PB. I have no reservation in instructing him again.’ Solicitor
‘I would just like to take this opportunity to thank you for the clear, precise and supportive case you handled at [ ] County Court on my behalf. I was so nervous and worried about it all and you immediately put me at ease and gave me the confidence to be firm against [ ] barrister’s questions. In the end, of course, I was delighted that the judge found in my favour. Thank you.’ Lay Client.
- Sorbonne Paris IV Diplôme
- St. Andrews university (MA Honours, Classics)
- City University, London (Graduate Diploma in Law)
- Cambridge University (PhD student)
- Economic and Social Research Council 2014 PhD research grant
- Nominated for top Officer Cadet of the U.K. Armed Services University Officer Training Corps
Professional qualifications & appointments
- BSB - Forensic Accountancy Course (BPP) 2020
- Bar Practitioner Training Course (City University) 2014
- Civil Mediator (ADR group) 2014
- Chartered Financial Analyst 2005