Employment and discrimination
Grace Boorer acts for both claimants and respondents in preliminary and final hearings in the Employment Tribunal as well as drafting and advising on the full range of employment disputes and issues.
Her recent employment and discrimination work includes:
- Successfully representing a Respondent in a multi-day unfair dismissal and discrimination case, involving arguments of redundancy, TUPE and sex and disability discrimination.
- Advising on the merits of claims for unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal, redundancy, notice and holiday pay and all forms of discrimination.
- Representing parties in preliminary hearings, including making applications for strike out and deposit orders.
Grace also has experience of contractual claims in the County Court and has recently drafted pleadings in a complex breach of contract case.
Grace Boorer has experience in employment investigations covering a wide range of issues, including sex discrimination, race discrimination and harassment. She has recently been involved in investigations for a law firm and a public-sector department.
8th Sep 2020
Court of Appeal confirms the causative approach to the ‘material factor test’ in equal pay claims
Grace Boorer looks at Walker v Co-Operative Group Ltd & Anor and identifies some important practical considerations to avoid falling into error when considering material factor defences.
- Bar Professional Training Course, City Law School, Outstanding, 2015-2016
- LLB Hons, University of Bristol
- Major scholarship and Duke of Edinburgh Entrance Award, Inner Temple, 2015
Professional qualifications & appointments
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Industrial Law Society
- Personal Injuries Bar Association