Employment and discrimination
Grace Boorer acts for both claimants and respondents in preliminary and final hearings in the Employment Tribunal as well as drafting and advising on the full range of employment disputes and issues.
Her recent employment and discrimination work includes:
- Successfully representing a Respondent in a multi-day unfair dismissal and discrimination case, involving arguments of redundancy, TUPE and sex and disability discrimination.
- Advising on the merits of claims for unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal, redundancy, notice and holiday pay and all forms of discrimination.
- Representing parties in preliminary hearings, including making applications for strike out and deposit orders.
Grace also has experience of contractual claims in the County Court and has recently drafted pleadings in a complex breach of contract case.
- Bar Professional Training Course, City Law School, Outstanding, 2015-2016
- LLB Hons, University of Bristol
- Major scholarship and Duke of Edinburgh Entrance Award, Inner Temple, 2015
Professional qualifications & appointments
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Industrial Law Society
- Personal Injuries Bar Association
Faizul Azman edits July's employment and discrimination law newsletter
Faizul Azman has edited 3PB's latest Employment and Discrimination newsletter, including contributions from Grace Boorer, Joseph England, Craig Ludlow, Katherin...Read more
Grace Boorer provides practical tips for using the CVP platform for hearings
We have all being getting used to new technologies as the Covid pandemic suddenly put an end to in-person hearings. Although Courts and Tribunals are gradually ...Read more
3PB recruits employment and personal injury barrister Grace Boorer
We are delighted to announce that Grace Boorer (formerly of Old Square Chambers) has joined 3PB Barristers (3 Paper Buildings) and will be based in our Oxford o...Read more