In Clinical Negligence matters, Emma acts exclusively for Claimants. Her work in this area includes cases of unnecessary/inappropriate treatment, delays in diagnosis and uninformed consent. She is interested in and developing a cosmetic and dental negligence practice.
- Advising in respect of injuries caused at birth
- Advising and drafting pleadings in a claim involving the negligent administration of anaesthetic
- Advising and drafting pleadings (including a claim for provisional damages) in a case involving negligent aftercare following an operation to the Claimant’s eye
- Advising and drafting pleadings in a claim involving the delay in diagnosing spinal fractures
- Advising and drafting pleadings in a Fatal Accident Act claim where the deceased died following a surgical procedure
- Drafting pleadings where the Claimant suffered injury when a guidewire was left in her body.
Editor and co-author of the Clinical Negligence Division of Butterworth’s Personal Injury Litigation Service, Issue 120.
Talks and Presentations:
Tactics in the Post-Jackson Era: The New CPR 3.9 and Part 36.
- BPTC (BPP Law School, 2010-2011) – Outstanding
- GDL (BPP Law School, 2009-2010)
- BA (Hons) Politics (St Chad’s College, University of Durham)
- Harmsworth and Astbury Scholar, Middle Temple
- Certificate of Honour, Middle Temple
- Ian Graham Award for outstanding contribution to student life, University of Durham
Professional qualifications & appointments
- ADR Group Accredited Mediator
- Education Law Association (ELAS)
- Member of the Association of Women Barristers
- Personal Injury Bar Association (PIBA)
Emma Waldron is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information
3PB personal injury barrister Emma Waldron provides an update on Fundamental Dishonesty
Emma Waldron considers the Court of Appeal decision in Howlett (1) Howlett (2) v Davies (1) Ageas Insurance Ltd (2)  EWCA, a case relating to fundamental ...Read more
3PB's expert education law barristers provide an informative update seminar on the 2014 Children and Families Act
On 29th September 2016, 3PB Education Team members Lachlan Wilson, John Friel, and Emma Waldron hosted an Education Law Update Seminar in Temple, London. This ...Read more
Alex Line and Emma Waldron provide SEN litigation training session to local authorities.
On 26th July 2016 Alex Line and Emma Waldron of 3PB's education law team provided training to solicitors from two local authority areas about SEND litigation. T...Read more