Elisabeth is a highly experienced criminal advocate with over 20 years experience known for her clear and persuasive advocacy, her approachable nature and meticulous attention to detail.
Elisabeth undertakes cases which range from murder, large scale drug operations, multi-handed fraud and international money laundering cases, and cases of historic serious sexual offences, violence and gun crimes.
She has been a Grade 4 prosecutor since 2007 and is on the Rape and Serious Sexual Offences Panel for the Western and Midlands Circuits. She is often instructed to prosecute operations for Complex Casework Units and finds working as a team very rewarding.
As a Defence advocate she is known for her considerate and positive approach, her sensitivity, her understanding the client’s perspective and for ensuring that no stone is left unturned.
Elisabeth also sits as a Recorder in the Crown Court, a Deputy District Judge in the County/Family Courts and as an Assistant Coroner in West Sussex and East London.
Add this expertise to your shortlist
- Prosecuting BA pilot in relation to serious sexual offences committed in the UK and abroad
- Leading junior prosecuting a large scale international money laundering offences
- Prosecuting a case at the Central Criminal Courts concerning attempted importation of hand grenades via the Dark Web
- Prosecuting a three handed money laundering and class A drug distribution conspiracy at Kingston Crown Court
- Defending carer accused of injury to patient detained under a Deprivation of Liberty Order
- Defending client accused of neglect of and theft from four individuals in his care
- Defending in an attempt murder concerning a child
- Prosecuting an attempted murder relating to discharge of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence aimed at three women in a public place
- Appointed by Registrar of Criminal Appeals to take over the Defence of an appeal against conviction in historic rape case, successful in having conviction quashed and then securing acquittal in re-trial
- Prosecuting several large scale immigration fraud and sham marriages operations involving multiple defendants
- Leading junior prosecuting three mortgage fraud and money laundering operations involving multiple Defendants
- Prosecuting £2 million “Anwoir” money laundering case
- Leading Junior in prosecution of international drug importation case involving £60million of Class A drugs.
- 1997 – Called to the Bar England and Wales (Inner Temple)
- 1994 – Admitted as a Solicitor in England & Wales
- 1992 – Admitted as a Barrister of the High Court of Australia, Federal Court of Australia and Supreme Court of Western Australia
- Bachelor of Jurisprudence (B Juris) and Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
Professional qualifications & appointments
- Recorder of the Crown Court
- Deputy District Judge (Civil)
- Assistant Coroner
- Previous member on the Investigation Committee: General Dental Council (Chairperson and lay member)
- Civil and Commercial Mediator