Public and Regulatory
Through a secondment at the Nursing and Midwifery Council (‘NMC’), Daniel has gained experience of all types of fitness to practise related hearings including: interim order applications, substantive order reviews, restoration hearings and registration appeals as well as substantive hearings. Daniel has been instructed by the NMC in a number of lengthy and complex cases which have involved multiple nurses/midwives, death or serious patient harm, dishonesty, failing care homes and a wide range of other issues.
Daniel also has experience of defending in regulatory proceedings, having represented a social worker at a hearing before the Health and Care Professions Council (‘HCPC’) which involved multiple allegations of dishonesty. No dishonesty or misconduct was proved. Daniel has also advised a doctor in relation to a General Medical Council (‘GMC’) investigation.
- LLB (Hons) University of Nottingham
- BPTC Nottingham Law School – Very Competent
- Shoosmiths’ Prize (2010) – awarded by the University of Nottingham for an outstanding contribution to the School of Law
- Employment Law Bar Association
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers
- Member of the British Fencing Disciplinary Panel
Daniel Brown is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information