Public and Regulatory
Professional Regulatory/ Disciplinary proceedings
Daniel’s experience spans the full spectrum of fitness to practise concerns including cases involving allegations of: misconduct, lack of competence, ill-health and criminal convictions and cautions. He has handled numerous serious, lengthy and complex cases involving: patient deaths or serious harm, dishonesty, CQC inspections, multiple parties and contested expert evidence.
During a secondment with the Nursing and Midwifery Council, in addition to substantive matters, Daniel gained experience of interim order applications, reviews, restoration applications, registration appeals and fraudulent entry cases.
Daniel has advised and represented a wide range of healthcare professionals including doctors, nurses and midwives as well as NHS Trusts, Regulators and Care Homes and he has experience of investigations and/or proceedings before regulators including the General Medical Council, the Nursing and Midwifery Council, the Health and Care Professions Council and others.
- LLB (Hons) University of Nottingham
- BPTC Nottingham Law School – Very Competent
- Shoosmiths’ Prize (2010) – awarded by the University of Nottingham for an outstanding contribution to the School of Law
- Employment Law Bar Association
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers
- Member of the British Fencing Disciplinary Panel
Daniel Brown is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information