Public and Regulatory
Daniel has experience of fitness to practise investigations/proceedings before a number of regulators including the Nursing and Midwifery Council (‘NMC’), Health and Care Professions Council (‘HCPC’) and the General Medical Council (‘GMC’). He represents both regulators and individuals/regulated bodies.
Through a secondment at the NMC, Daniel gained experience of handling all types of hearing including: interim order applications, reviews, restoration applications, registration appeals and fraudulent entry cases, in addition to numerous substantive hearings concerning allegations related to ill health, misconduct, lack of competence and criminal convictions/cautions. Daniel has been instructed by the NMC in several lengthy and complex cases involving multiple parties, contested expert evidence, death and serious harm, dishonesty and matters arising from CQC inspections.
- LLB (Hons) University of Nottingham
- BPTC Nottingham Law School – Very Competent
- Shoosmiths’ Prize (2010) – awarded by the University of Nottingham for an outstanding contribution to the School of Law
- Employment Law Bar Association
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers
- Member of the British Fencing Disciplinary Panel
Daniel Brown is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information