Alice de Coverley appears in court on a regular basis, acting for both Claimants and Defendants in fast-track and multi-track personal injury matters.
Alice has a particular specialism in fraudulent claims.
She regularly advises on liability and quantum, and drafts statements of case in areas including:
- Personal Injury claims involving education providers
- Fraudulent claims for Personal Injury (including occupancy, low velocity impact, fundamental dishonesty)
- Road Traffic Accidents
- Credit Hire
- Highways Act claims
- Animal Act claims
- Occupiers’ Liability
- Employers’ Liability
- Fatal Accidents
- Public Inquiries.
Alice has significant experience in working with children with disabilities, mental health conditions and special educational needs. This greatly assists her in dealing with the medical aspects of these cases and working with vulnerable witnesses.
Alice is currently instructed on a part-time secondment at the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills (Ofsted). Alice is currently acting for Ofsted as Junior Counsel on the Independent Inquiry into Child Sex Abuse (IICSA). Alice is keen to increase her instructions in Public Inquiry and Inquest work.
Recent examples of cases Alice has been involved in include:
- Advising and successfully representing a child who fell from an unstable school playground structure causing significant permanent facial scarring.
- Advising claimants in abuse claims arising out of substandard supervision by teachers at a school.
- Advising and successfully representing claimants and defendants in fraudulent personal injury claims.
- Successful Circuit Judge appeal on mitigation of loss in relation to a credit hire claim.
“I spoke with my client last night and wanted to relay to you how pleased she was with yesterday. She could not praise you enough and said that you went above and beyond what she expected.”
“I thought I would pass on Mr C’s comments as to how much he appreciated your time on Friday and he said what a fantastic Barrister that you are. I thought you should know how much he thought of you.”
- City Law School GDL (Commendation)
- City Law School BPTC (Very Competent)
- Durham University BA Hons Theology (2:1)
- "Just Rights" Human Rights - the Big Voice Mooting Competition Champion, 2013, winning in the final at the Supreme Court
- In 2012 the School Exclusion Project won the Bar Pro Bono Award
- In 2014 the School Exclusion Project was runner up in the Attorney General LawWorks Pro Bono Awards for ‘Best Contribution by a Team of Students’.
Professional qualifications & appointments
- Editorial Board Member of Counsel Magazine.
- Education Law Association (ELAS)
- Personal Injury Bar Association (PIBA)
- Freehold Real Estate Networking Group
Alice de Coverley is qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public and professional clients under the Direct Public Access scheme.More Information
3PB to host Education Law Event with ELAS
3PB are delighted to host and Education Law Event with ELAS. Please see details below: Date and Time: Tuesday November 6th at 5:45pm. Venue: The Education Law A...Read more
Johnson v University of Bristol (2017): an analysis by 3PB personal injury barrister Alice de Coverley
Alice de Coverley considers the recent Court of Appeal decision in JOHNSON v UNIVERSITY OF BRISTOL (2017) (Civ) 17 October 2017 (unreported), concerning the P...Read more