Download PDF version
Property & Chancery
Carl has experience of the following property matters:
- Mortgages and conveyancing, misrepresentation and undue influence.
- Professional negligence in connection with property transactions (surveyors and solicitors)
- Restrictive covenants
- Boundary disputes/claims in trespass and nuisance
- Protection from harassment injunctions and undertakings
Carl also has experience of the following landlord and tenant matters:
- Contentious litigation and non-contentious drafting
- Residential possession and forfeiture proceedings
- Dilapidations and service charges
Recent work has included:
- Acted for claimant in 3 day trial for recovery of £150,000 from an agreement for the purchase of property in India.
- Acted for homeowner before HM Land Adjudicator in a dispute with the local parish council as to whether there had been adverse possession by predecessor in title or whether there was permission to occupy land.
- Acted for leaseholder in 2 day hearing before Leasehold Valuation Tribunal in a dispute challenging the level of service charges.
- Acted for local business owner defending an application for an interim injunction attempting to enforce a right of way by necessity.
- Advised homeowner in a dispute with her son where she alleged undue influence on her to transfer the property to him. He was a convicted fraudster and there were allegations that the property transfer had been the subject of a loan and tax evasion.
- Acted for management company in dispute with residential tenants, including recovery of service charge arrears and forfeiture proceedings. Also acted in Leasehold Valuation Tribunal proceedings.
- Acted for landlord in appeal against refusal to set aside an order for possession where the tenant was subject to a civil restraint order.