Marine and Fisheries
LATEST NEWS - Head of 3PB's maritime team David Richards together with Andrew Oliver host a seminar exploring the implications of Brexit on the Fisheries industry
24th February 2017
David Richards, head of 3PB’s maritime team, hosted a seminar exploring the implications of Brexit for the UK fisheries industry. Together with Andrew Oliver of ... read more
The leading chambers in maritime regulatory work, 3PB’s Marine & Fisheries Team has unrivalled knowledge and experience in this specialist area, both prosecuting and defending.
The Team prides itself on its authoritative and pragmatic approach. It appreciates the commercial realities attached to regulatory litigation involving business and commerce. The Team recognises the sensitivities that can be required during an investigation by the MCA, MMO or an IFCA. Furthermore the Team readily acknowledges that prompt and proper advice at an early stage is critical. It is for that reason that the Team makes a point of being available to advise and assist clients at a moments notice, 24 /7, with one member even interrupting his honeymoon to attend upon the master of tug at the request of the owners, Svitzer.
The Team has experience of the following:
- Advising Owners, Operators, Masters and seaman in respect of marine collisions pursuant to section 58 & 100 Merchant Shipping Act 1985 and the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea 1972.
- Advising Owners, Operators, Masters and seaman in respect of MCA investigations and prosecutions. This work covers pollution, breaches of the Merchant Shipping Act 1995 and attendant subsidiary regulations or when appropriate, health & safety legislation.
- Advising Owners, Charterers, Masters and other Deck Officers in respect of MAIB investigations, including the declaration taking process part of the investigation, submission and review of MAIB reports.
- ISM Code application and compliance including advice on auditing and breaches.
- Application and breaches of SOLAS and MARPOL, including relevant provisions pursuant to UNCLOS.
- Wreck & salvage.
- Advising Owners, Masters and seaman in respect of MMO prosecutions and notices issued under the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009.
- Advising companies and Masters on the Sea Fish (Conservation) Act 1967, Sea Fishing (Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing) Order 2009 and breaches of the European Common Fisheries Policy
- Fishing quota and licenses.
- Restraint and confiscation under POCA 2002.
- Advising on breaches of Harbour Byelaws.
The Team are accustomed to dealing with global clients and blue chip law firms. They are prepared to travel both nationally and internationally to undertake work or advise clients.
For further information, pleasetelephone 020 7583 8055.